2021 DR650S Overview
There was an error loading these images. please try again later!
The compact and powerful, 644cc, SOHC, four-stroke, air- and oil-cooled engine features the Suzuki Advanced Cooling System (SACS). Piston-jet cooling and an engine oil cooler create consistent performance in a variety of conditions.
The engine is tuned with an emphasis on performance in the low- to mid-rpm range, while a gear-driven balancer shaft minimizes vibration for a comfortable ride.
Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM)-coated aluminum cylinder is used for durability, light weight, and excellent heat dissipation.
Digitally-mapped DC-CDI ignition system provides accurate spark timing for efficient combustion.
A convenient electric starter (supplemented with a zero-maintenance automatic decompression system) provides easy, quick starting.
Large Mikuni 40mm carburetor provides a smooth intake flow and quick throttle response.
The stainless steel exhaust system is light and corrosion resistant and is tuned specifically for strong low- and mid-range power.
Easy-pull, rack-and-pinion activated clutch provides precise operation and feel.
A smooth-shifting five-speed transmission is complemented by a sealed O-ring drive chain.
A lightweight, compact, rigid semi-double cradle frame provides agile handling on- and off-road.
Innovative, height-adjustable* front fork provides smooth and progressive action. Large diameter, thin-walled tubes reduce unsprung weight, while maintaining high rigidity.
A link-type rear suspension with piggyback style, aluminum-body shock absorber provides stable performance. The height adjustable* shock features adjustable spring preload and compression damping to personalize the suspension for rider, load, and terrain.
Front and rear suspensions provide generous 260mm (10.2-inch) wheel travel for superb performance over rough terrain.
Lightweight 290mm (11.4-inch) front floating disc brake with two-piston caliper and 240mm (9.4-inch) rear disc brake with two-piston caliper provide reliable stopping power.
Aluminum rims with stainless steel spokes are standard and built for durability and strength.
The wheels are fitted with 90/90-21 front and 120/90-17 dual-sport rear tires that offer excellent on- and off-road traction.
Hollow-type wheel axles and an aluminum, beam-style swingarm reduce unsprung weight.
A long, comfortable seat, aluminum footpegs, and grab handles allow you to carry a passenger with ease.
*Seat and suspension height is adjustable by your Suzuki Dealer, using a Genuine Suzuki Accessory kit.
DR650S is powered by a lightweight and compact, low-maintenance battery.
A fully equipped lighting system comes with a bright 60/55-watt halogen headlight.
Seat height may be lowered by 40 mm (1.6 inches) using a Genuine Suzuki Accessory kit. The kit includes a shorter side stand to match the chassis height adjustment.
Further seat height reduction is possible with the fitment of the Suzuki Accessory low-profile seat.
Other Genuine Suzuki Accessories include a cargo rack and skid plate, and a selection of Suzuki apparel is available.
12-month unlimited mileage limited warranty. Longer coverage periods with other benefits available through Suzuki Extended Protection (SEP).**Subject to separate coverage for certain parts and the exclusions and limitations described in the New On-Road Motorcycle Limited Warranty.
- Engine644cc, 4-stroke, air-cooled, single cylinder, SOHC
- Bore x Stroke100.0 mm x 82.0 mm (3.93 in. x 3.23 in.)
- Compression Ratio9.5:1
- Fuel SystemMikuni BST40, single carburetor
- LubricationWet sump
- ClutchWet multi-plate
- Transmission5-speed constant mesh
- Final DriveChain, DID525V9, 110 links
- Suspension FrontTelescopic, coil spring, oil damped
- Suspension RearLink type, coil spring, oil damped
- Brakes FrontDisc brake, single floating rotor
- Brakes RearDisc brake, single rotor
- Tires Front90/90-21 M/C 54S, tube type
- Tires Rear120/90-17 M/C 64S, tube type
- Fuel Tank Capacity13.0 L (3.4 US gal.), 12.0 L (3.2 US gal.) CA model
- ColorSolid Special White No. 2
- IgnitionElectronic ignition (CDI)
- Spark PlugNGK DR8EA or DENSO X24ESR-U
- Headlight12V 60/55W (H4)
- Tail Light12V 21/5W
- Overall Length2255 mm (88.8 in.)
- Overall Width865 mm (34.1 in.)
- Overall Height1195 mm (47.0 in.)
- Wheelbase1490 mm (58.7 in.)
- Ground Clearance265 mm (10.4 in.)
- Seat Height885 mm (34.8 in), With optional lowering kit: 845 mm (33.2 in.)
- Curb Weight166 kg (366 lb.)
- Warranty12-month unlimited mileage limited warranty.
- ExtensionLonger coverage periods with other benefits available through Suzuki Extended Protection (SEP)