2018 Suzuki Boulevard S40
2018 Suzuki Boulevard S40 OverviewThe Suzuki Boulevard S40 takes a timeless single-cylinder design, with a blacked-out treatment, and adds a shot of advanced Suzuki technology to create a bike that combines exciting performance and a bold appearance with rock-solid reliability. It features a strong, rigid chassis for agile handling and lightweight responsiveness that makes it great for cruising down the boulevard or beyond the city limits. Best of all, one twist of the throttle rewards you with a strong blast torque from the 40 cubic inch engine.
There was an error loading these images. please try again later!
Bright Metallic Mystic Silver or rich Pearl Splendor Violet colors.
Blacked-out engine with highlighted cylinder head cooling fins.
Blacked-out handlebars, upper fork clamp, headlight shell and other components deliver a bold, custom look.
Shiny black finish on the wheel rims is set off by bright, stainless steel spokes.
Black lower fork legs and rear fender stays match the wheels’ black rims, further impressing the S40’s strong style.
A 652cc, SOHC, single-cylinder, air-cooled four-stroke engine with TSCC (Twin Swirl Combustion Chambers) cylinder head and high mass crankshaft produces strong low-end power and torque.
An electric starter with automatic decompression system provides quick, easy engine starting.
Precise electronic ignition system with maintenance-free battery.
A smooth-shifting 5-speed transmission is complemented by a low-maintenance belt-drive system that's quiet, durable, and simple to adjust and clean.
Sculpted engine features a rich, blacked-out treatment with a large, visually striking cylinder and head with highlighted cooling fins.
Strong steel frame with tubular backbone that supports the chopper-style chassis.
Black-finish drag-style handlebar with upper fork clamp and custom-style rear view mirrors provide a striking appearance (similar to the larger Suzuki Boulevard models).
Attractive tear drop-shaped fuel tank (2.8 gal capacity) with flush-mounted speedometer.
Neatly painted steel front/rear fenders and side covers complement the fuel tank.
One-piece saddle adds to streamlined appearance. The deeply cushioned seat has a low 27.6 inches seat height that’s great for smaller or entry-level riders.
A wide 15" rear tire and slim 19" front tire provide a classic cruiser look.
Light weight (381lbs) for easy maneuverability.
A hydraulic front disc brake and drum-type rear brake provide strong, reliable braking performance.
The rear reflector is integrated with the taillight for a clean, finished appearance to the rear section of the bike.
Convenient hazard and passing light switches.
A variety of Genuine Suzuki Accessories for Boulevard owners are available including a large selection of Suzuki logo apparel.
12-month unlimited mileage limited warranty. Longer warranty coverage period and other benefits available through the Suzuki Extended Protection Plan (SEP).**Subject to separate coverage for certain parts and the exclusions and limitations described in the New On-Road Motorcycle Limited Warranty.
- Engine652cc, 4-stroke, air-cooled, single cylinder, SOHC
- Bore x Stroke94.0 mm x 94.0 mm (3.70 in x 3.70 in)
- Fuel SystemMIKUNI BS40, single
- Transmission5-speed constant mesh
- Final DriveBelt drive
- Suspension FrontFront Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
- Suspension RearRear Swing arm type, coil spring, oil damped
- Brakes FrontFront Disc brake
- Brakes RearRear Drum brake
- Tires Front100/90-19 M/C 57H, tube type
- Tires Rear140/80-15 M/C 67H, tube type
- Fuel Tank Capacity2.8 US Gallons (10.6 L)
- ColorMetallic Mystic Silver, Pearl Splendor Violet
- IgnitionElectronic ignition (transistorized)
- Overall Length2180 mm (85.8 in)
- Overall Width720 mm (28.3 in)
- Wheelbase1480 mm (58.3 in)
- Ground Clearance135 mm (5.3 in)
- Seat Height700 mm (27.6 in)
- Curb Weight173 kg (381 lbs)
- Warranty12 month unlimited mileage limited warranty